Pages

Parabens are bad

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

So, I haven't been blogging much and there is a reason... A legit one. My face has been terribly irritated and I have had a bad breakout of acne. I finally decided to go to the doctor and she blamed it on my PCOS and hormone embalances,  which was of no surprise to me. She gave me a couple of topical creams to use and said I may have to come back and the way it is looking going back is a very good possibility. Anyway, I obviously have not wanted to try new products that might further irritate the situation, because it has been pretty painful. The acne is deep and hurts and my skin gets red, itchy and dry. No fun. So, I looked up information on dermatitis and found that parabens in make up,  shampoos and facial washes often further irritate sensitive and inflamed skin. Now, I was not going to try anything new but like I said, it hurt and the medicine the doctor prescribed made it even more dry so I decided why not go paraben free for a while.  I did some research and found Yes to Carrots. I had heard of it before and knew my niece liked the products. I went to Target and bought Yes to Cucumbers for sensitive skin. I bought their cleansing wipes, facial wash and lotion. I bought Yes to Carrots shampoo and Yes to Blueberries chapstick and some Yes to Tomatoes acne cleanser for use once or twice a week (sometimes I just use it to wash over the acne prone areas). I also bought Physician's Assistant blush and Organic Wear tinted moisturizer. I later purchased BareMinerals from Sophora, which cost me a small fortune. I am seeing small improvements but overall the biggest change I have found is that my face is less itchy and irritated. I am still breaking out and I try to use the Yes To Cucumbers lotion to balance the dryness of the medicine but I still have flaking. At first after I bought the BareMinerals, I stopped using the Physician's assistant products but today I added them back and found I have better coverage. I think the shade I purchased is too light so putting the tinted moisturizer underneath also seems to warm my face. I may still exchange it. I have until this weekend to decide. Overall, I rate all of these products as products worth trying whether you think parabens cause breast cancer or not. Even if you have no fear of acne scars or irritation, they are worth the money because they smell nice and work great,  plus they have less chemicals than other products. That's my tip on looking lovely for today. Have a great Wednesday.

No comments :

Post a Comment